It was with a heavy heart that I submitted my resignation to the Saint Joseph-Ogden High School Board of Education as head coach of the SJO soccer team.
It was not an easy decision but at the end of the day, it was best for the student-athletes, the school, myself and my family.
I am very thankful to the school administration for giving me the opportunity to coach at such a great school. I truly enjoyed all of my years on the coaching staff. We can be proud of the many great accomplishments, including:
• Four players have been given the opportunity to play in college
• One player received National Player of the Week
• Two players made All Sectional Honorable Mention
• Seven players made All Conference First Team
• Seven players made All Conference Second Team
• Five players made All Conference Honorable Mention
• One player made All Area Second Team
• Ten players made All Area Honorable Mention
• Improved discipline greatly reducing our dissent yellow cards nearly 100%
I was honored in 2018 with the Sectional Coach of the Year award in which I was nominated and voted on by local coaches for the positive impact and development of our players we were making with SJO soccer.
Sadly, there are still culture changes that need to take place with the soccer program.
Regardless, I leave this position with tremendous appreciation for both the opportunity and for the experience, but more than anything I value the relationships I have developed with past and current athletes and the many friendships made along the way.