The GARY OLSON FAMILY is being inducted into the SJO Hall of Fame tonight.
- Gary and Nancy Olson and their three children, Ory, Isaiah and Bria are all SJO grads.
- Gary graduated in 1980. He played basketball and was a member of FFA, serving as president his senior year.
- Nancy graduated in 1983 and was a cheerleader all four years.
- Ory graduated in 2005. He played basketball all four years, football and track each one year. He was also involved in FFA, serving as president his senior year.
- Isaiah graduated in 2007. He was a three sport athlete in football, basketball and baseball. His senior year he was captain of basketball and football, which was the 2006 Runner up state team.
- Bria graduated in 2010. She was a three sport athlete in volleyball, basketball and track. She was captain of both the volleyball and basketball teams her senior year. She still currently holds the school record in high jump.
7.Nancy and Ory both graduated from Parkland College. Isaiah and Bria both graduated from the U of I.
- Nancy was an SJO Cheer coach for several years and helped start the student cheering section, Maroon Platoon. Gary, Isaiah and Bria all coached basketball at the St. Joseph Grade and Middle Schools for several years. In addition Gary and Isaiah coached freshmen
basketball at SJO for a few years.
- They have previously received the SJO Friend of Education award for their countless hours of volunteer service they have given to SJO.
- Gary and Nancy have been married for 37 years. They have nine grandchildren. They all operate the family farm together and reside North of St. Joseph.
You must be logged in to post a comment.