BRANDI CARMIEN BURNETT will be inducted into the SJO Hall of Fame tonight during halftime of the Homecoming Football game. Here are 10 facts about her.
- The mom to three SJO athletes. Abigail, Crayton and Kennedi.
- Graduated from SJO in 1993.
- She was a three sport athlete in volleyball, basketball and softball.
- She earned 11 total varsity letters during her high school career.
- In volleyball, her awards included ICC All-Conference for two years and All-Area 2nd team for one year.
- In Softball, her awards included ICC All-Conference for three years and All-Area 1st team for two years.
- Her Basketball awards included ICC All-Conference MVP two years, All-Area 1st Team two years, IBCA All -State 3rd Team one year, All- State Special mention one year and Prairie State Games 3 years
where two years she was MVP. She ended her high school career with 1456 points scored and 786 rebounds.
- Brandi went on to play Basketball at Kankakee Community College for two years.
- She was a dental assistant and office assistant for two
dentists for 7 years. She was a pharmacy technician for 12 years. Brandi is currently employed at Gifford State Bank in Gifford in the Risk Management department.
- She has been married to her husband, Chad for 23 years and lives on her grandparent’s farm North of St. Joseph.